A Discraft Ace Race is intended to maximize fun for players of all skills. We are doing all we can to follow that philosophy!
- When: Saturday, September 29. Registration starts at 9am. The event will kick off at 10am sharp. Be sure to come early to get some practice throws in before the race starts. We expect that we will be done by 1pm.
- Where: Fitzgerald Park, Grand Ledge, MI. Please note: there may be a $3-$5 Park entry fee per car. Remember to carpool if you want to minimize the cost.
- Entry Fee: $25
- Format: Two rounds of 18 holes, one throw per hole per player. See this link for Official Rules
- Course Layout: distances hand picked by Daniel to maximize the fun! Distances will be approximately 100 to 200 ft.
This year’s tournament Director is Daniel Krauss. Josh Hull will be assisting Daniel in organizing the event.
Registration is now closed. We have ordered our player packs. Please email if you are interested in registering, as we have ordered a limited amount of extras.
- Grand Prize (provided by Discraft!) Eight Discraft discs in a disc golf bag.
- Second Place: Discraft tournament bag
- Third place: Discraft Towel
- Longest Drive Contest: tbd
- Closest to pin contest: tbd
A Discraft Ace Race is:
“a fun event that helps disc golf grow by introducing thousands of new players to the joys of the sport! Each participant gets a huge player pack of cool stuff, then everyone plays two rounds of disc golf, but instead of keeping score the only goal is to throw aces (also known as a hole-in-one)! Holes are shortened, and everyone is throwing the same disc: a brand new Discraft prototype disc that is easy to throw and developed just for the event. It’s a blast!”
Check out Discraft’s page for loads of details:
This Years Disc: “The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!”
2012 Player Pack. According to Discraft “Guaranteed to be at least twice the value of your entry fee!”.
Grand Prize (provided by Discraft!) Eight Discraft discs in a disc golf bag. The picture says “tournament bag” but the ace race website says “large bag”. We’re not sure what model it will be. This year they have included a cool trophy disc!
We will be providing several more prizes for this particular event:
Second Place: Discraft tournament bag (no towel or discs included)